Part 1:Since creation, human has evolve constantly
CHANGE is the only constant thing in human life; it applies to physical appearance of world, human anatomy and psychology.
- EIGHTEEN CENTURY: these changes were slow and steady; however the advent of industrial revolution has fastened this evolution process twice. Consequently, global warming has started to initiate its existing face.
- NINETEENTH CENTURY: (the century of scientific revolution) the Cold War has strike the scientific inventions, discoveries around the world which suddenly pushed human race to centuries forward.
- LATE 1980S AND EARLY 1990s: (third significant change) in the form of information technology (IT) and software which completely swept out human race from its previous heritage. World turned into global village and nearly more than half of world population is connected with each other through world wide web (www).
Information technology has transformed the life of average person
These transformations are varied according to culture and society but are on its full toll. However, there are some factors which are constant since Day 1 of this universe’s creation, such as reproduction and survival.
What I intended to explain here? Is how the evolution of society is influenced by IT, and explained how concept of reproduction is directly proportional to relation to that. Focus is mainly on Pakistani society how it has reformed within short span of two decades.
IT and information communication technology (ICT) development has squeezed Pakistan’s society beyond its limits. When era of desktop computer got replaced by touch-screen gadgets and internet became accessible to almost every individual providing 3G, 4G and LTE. This is how political, economic, and social lives are considerably affected. The good impact can be seen in education sector, arrival of e-governance, and much large extent of awareness at mass level. However, this development is not void of negative impacts as well.
There is a sharp difference of moral values and ethics between pre-2000 and post-2000 of Pakistan’s society.
- People were used to be more sophisticated, respectful of each other’s privacy, maintained the certain space around them which is necessary for the survival of civilized society.
- Nonetheless, these values began to shatter after the arrival of ICT, the moral space started to narrow down on the name of new global society, that started to invade people’s privacy and space. In fact, those who condemned these negative developments are considered as backward and taboo within society.
In social perspective, the concept of reproduction got negatively evolved.
The Human Brain is designed to administer two processes, rather called instinctive behavior:
One objective is connected all the functions of brain that is to maintain and sustain the human life. When it gets reassurance of sustainability of human life, it automatically turns its wheels towards reproduction.
The process of reproduction is constant since the creation of Universe; some creations have to die so that others get created and for human it is conducted through sex, hence – through the sex – human life is destined to reproduce itself again and again. Here it is important to understand that this very natural process have badly effected through arrival of ICT in Pakistan’s society.
In Sociological Comparison between Western & Pakistan’s Society:
West have gained its existing shape in step-by-step process – Industrial revolution, First World War, Second World War, Cold War, and post-Cold War era- has put multiple impacts on the very structure of their society. They practically designed their values and norms and implemented them gradually.
For example, most of the inventions have conducted in Western society between 17th and 18th century, and these societies literally gone through with the process of innovation and gradually made it as their life style.
Whereas Pakistani society is a by-product of colonialism. Most of the cultural values do not possess indigenous roots; rather they have been imported from West. It led a common man to utter confusion with what to follow or not. The same issue revived on arrival of ICT in Pakistan, achieving the sudden gift with most sophisticated technologies without having prior training, ultimately led to misuse and exploitation of these technologies.
For example, pornography is widely seen by Pakistan’s population, Facebook and twitter are most negatively used, and the sms-call packages are extremely exploited by the population.
Irony is that being a Muslim state and Islam as state-religion, all these practices are highly condemned but actually practiced by every second individual. Consequently, as per society, the trait of HYPOCRISY has become one of the significant elements of us.
On one hand, we offer prayers so diligently, but on the other hand keep porn’s in our cell phones.
As a society people talk about bringing the positive change but in reality we are not ready to bring any positive CHANGE so far.
However, right now it is necessary to recognize that being a nation or society we are not as pious as we claim. It is important because, confession and acceptance of our faults is the first step to lead positive lifetime journey.
There is a state of utter confusion throughout the society, in which HYPOCRISY has settled down in our roots. This HYPOCRISY and double-face has literally plagued the Pakistan’s society in multiple dimensions, which the on this topic will be explaining.
® Mindmasked 2016 © Sajal Khan